The Cardiff Public Services Board’s (PSB’s) first Local Well-being Plan set out partnership priorities for action over the years 2018 to 2023.
The PSB identified seven priority areas (or Well-being Objectives) for the focus of its work:
- A Capital City that works for Wales
- Cardiff grows in a resilient way
- Safe, confident and empowered communities
- Cardiff is a great place to grow up
- Supporting people out of poverty
- Cardiff is a great place to grow older
- Modernising and integrating our public services
The Plan responded to a wide-ranging evidence base on the quality of life and public services in Cardiff, and how these might change over the years to come.
- Cardiff’s Local Well-being Assessment: a comprehensive study of the quality of life in Cardiff undertaken in 2017.
- The views of the people of Cardiff: a programme of engagement on the development of the plan.
- Cardiff Future Trends Report: a report for the Cardiff Public Services Board that sets out the long term trends facing Cardiff and the impact these will have on the city’s public services.
- Future Generations Commissioner’s Advice: To assist Public Services Boards (PSB) in developing their Well-being Plans, the Future Generations Commissioner is required under Section (42) of the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act to provide advice on how to take steps to meet the PSB’s draft objectives.