Cardiff Time Credits
‘Strengthening Cardiff together; one hour at a time’
The Cardiff Time Credits programme is the first city wide community currency of its type in the world!
The programme brings together a wide range of host organisations including Cardiff Council, the third sector, businesses and small grass-roots organisations who will contribute opportunities for citizens of Cardiff to earn and spend Time Credits. The programme will grow in size, scale and impact year on year. The programme will have a number of benefits:
- It will improve health and well-being for Time Credits participants through increased activity and stronger social
- Networks will be developed between existing programmes and partners that enables communities, councils, the voluntary sector and businesses to work together to address local
- Time Credits will change relationship between services and their users transforming citizens from passive recipients to active participants.
- A strong and varied Time Credit spend network will be expanded, enabling people to build skills and confidence through access to activities and services that they may not normally be able to access.
- Our ambition is that by 2020 over 8000 individuals will have donated 100,000 hours of volunteering time to the city
Want to get involved?
From 2015 we will be inviting new organisations to become part of the citywide Time Credits Network. We have packages of varying sizes and cost ranging from small, local grass-roots organisations to large organisations of regional reach. Becoming a Time Credit host organisation gives you access to:
- Training for staff / volunteers
- Time Credit currency
- UK wide network of time spend partners
- Advertising of opportunities in the city wide brochure and other media
- Monitoring and evaluation tools
- Quarterly city wide network events
- Ongoing support and quality assurance process
- Branding and publicity materials.