In early 2010, partners in Cardiff agreed to bring together for the first time four separate strategy documents (the Proud Capital Community Strategy; the Health, Social Care and Well Being Strategy; the Children and Young People’s Plan; and the Community Safety Strategic Assessment) into a single Integrated Partnership Strategy – “What Matters”. This approach ensures that each organisation now coordinates their resources around seven shared outcomes to focus on the issues that matter most to the people of Cardiff.
The “What Matters” Strategy will therefore deliver 7 strategic outcomes to ensure that
- People in Cardiff are healthy;
- People in Cardiff have a clean, attractive and sustainable environment;
- People in Cardiff are safe and feel safe;
- Cardiff has a thriving and prosperous economy;
- People in Cardiff achieve their full potential;
- Cardiff is a great place to live, work and play;
- Cardiff is a fair, just and inclusive society.
In developing the strategy, partners undertook a “needs assessment” which provided an in-depth snapshot of where the city is in relation to each of the 7 outcomes. This was the first time a single, comprehensive piece of work had been done. The findings shaped the priorities in the strategy and analysis continues to be updated through city-wide and Neighbourhood update reports to ensure that any future activity is based on a clear evidence of need.
Please use the links below to access the “What Matters” Strategy, the Executive Summary, Needs Assessment and a case study outlining the approach undertaken in Cardiff.